Spice up meal time tonight with this healthy take on a Mexican classic, a dish the whole family can enjoy, this recipe requires pre-cooked chicken so it’s a perfect way to use up some left overs!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Steps: 3, 4 and 5
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
1–2 tsp chilli powder
1 x 200g can red kidney beans, drained
150g cooked chicken, skinned and cubed
4 x 22g soft corn tortillas
30g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
Chopped parsley or chives for sprinkling
Green salad to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion and green pepper for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Stir in the chilli powder, and cook for 1 minute. Add the passata and kidney beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the turkey and heat through gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Pile some of the mixture on each tortilla and roll them up. Place them side by side and seam-side down in a rectangular ovenproof dish.
5. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the tortillas and around them. Sprinkle the grated Cheddar over the top.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
7. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley or chives, with a crisp green salad.
- You can use black beans instead of red kidney beans
- If you use a red or yellow pepper, you will add approximately 10kcals.
- Instead of chilli powder, try some Mexican spice seasoning. You’ll find it with the jars of herbs and spices in the supermarket.