Green vegetables tossed in a sharp lemony dressing are a delicious accompaniment to Spicy Couscous. Good-quality balsamic vinegar will add a touch of sweetness to the dressing without extra calories.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
(+200kcal for Spicy Couscous)
Steps: 3 and 4
20g asparagus spears
20g pak choi
20g thin green beans
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 sachet CWP Spicy Couscous
For the lemon dressing:
Juice of ½ lemon
2–3 drops of balsamic vinegar
A pinch of dried mustard powder
A small handful of mixed herbs, e.g. chives, dill, parsley
1. Prepare the vegetables: trim the ends of the courgettes; cut off the ends of the woody stems on the asparagus; separate the pak choi into individual leaves or cut in half or into quarters; and tail the green beans.
2. Put all the vegetables in a steamer basket or a colander. Bring a little water to the boil in a saucepan and set the steamer basket or colander over the pan. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. They should not be mushy and should retain some crunch.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the Spicy Couscous according to the directions on the packet.
4. Make the lemon dressing: stir the ingredients together until thoroughly blended or shake them in a sealed screw-top jar.
5. Gently toss the vegetables in the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm with the Spicy Couscous.
- Vary the vegetables by substituting baby leeks, baby sweetcorn or mangetout for the ones featured in the recipe.
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- Use a few drops of light soy sauce instead of balsamic vinegar.
- Add a crushed clove of garlic to the dressing.
- Quickly stir-fry the vegetables with a spray of oil in a hot wok instead of steaming or boiling them.
Why not try these delicious recipes made with the Spicy Couscous…
- Beef Kofta Balls
- Winter Bean Stew
- Moroccan Spiced Cod
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Roasted Chickpeas and Vegetables
- Crunchy Oriental Salad
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.