Exercise tips are great and plenty, but you need to be ready to implement them as soon as you feel inspired — what you need is a gym bag packed full of the essentials!
Here are the top ten gym bag essentials that’ll keep you motivated and come in handy:
1. Fitness tracker: If you want to stay motivated, make sure you celebrate how far you’ve come. Wearables track things like your heart rate and the number of steps you take each day — don’t think they’re only for hardcore gym fanatics, though. Even a short walk in the evening is good for your health and every step counts.
2. Sweat control: If you’ve got long hair, you already know you can never find a hair band when you need one. Keep some in your gym bag so you can pull hair away from your neck when you get hot. If you go for intensive workouts, build a collection of sweat bands to keep it out of your eyes, then you can focus on your workout.
3. Soundtrack: If music motivates you, set up playlists to help you get in the zone. Perhaps dance music for the gym or ambient sounds for a long walk.
4. Phone storage: You might use an app to track fitness or listen to music at the gym, in which case, somewhere to store your phone quickly becomes one of your gym must-haves.
5. A drink: As you build up a sweat, you lose body fluids, so be sure to keep yourself hydrated. Water is good for you but also vital to your weight-loss Plan. It helps to fight off hunger pains, so keep a water bottle in your gym bag.
7. A towel or wipe: This one’s a no-brainer. If you’re going to the gym, walking the dog or going for a run, you’ll need a towel to wipe away sweat.
8. Toiletries: To finish off, keep a small bottle of deodorant or spray in your bag, plus some moisturiser or any other potion that makes you feel good afterwards.
Let us know in the comments what you like to do after exercise — bath, massage, curl up with a good book?
If your current regime isn’t working or you don’t know how to start, speak to your Consultant.