Juicy, spicy prawns, another sizzling Step 2 recipe that would taste amazing served with our Thai Green Style Curry. Use frozen raw prawns for this dish. It’s a good idea to keep a packet in the freezer – they defrost quite quickly at room temperature and will taste much better than ready-cooked prawns.
Download & print this recipe: Thai Prawn Skewers Printable Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prawn skewers and bean sprout salad:
300g peeled raw tiger prawns
60g bean sprouts
¼ small cucumber, cut into matchstick strips
1 green or yellow pepper, deseeded and
3 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Marinade and dressing:
1 red chilli, cut into thin shreds
1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
Juice of 1 lime
Artificial sweetener, to taste
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Thread the prawns on to 4 wooden or bamboo skewers that have been pre-soaked in water and arrange them in a foil-lined grill pan. Brush lightly with some of the marinade.
3. Cook the prawn skewers under a preheated hot grill for 4–5 minutes, turning them half way through, until they are pink all over. Don’t overcook or they will be dry – they should be juicy.
4. In a bowl, mix together the bean sprouts, cucumber, green or yellow pepper, spring
onions and coriander. Toss gently in the remaining marinade until lightly coated.
5. Serve the hot prawn skewers with the salad.
- Add some shredded Chinese cabbage, sliced radishes or fennel to the salad.
Download our CWP & Me App for more delicious recipes!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.
Save & Share