We’re kicking off our extra special Thai week features with this delicious Step 2 recipe! You can use fresh, canned or frozen crab meat in these spicy little beauties. You can use the creamy brown meat as well as the white in this dish.
Download & print this recipe: Thai Crab Cakes Printable Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
300g crab meat (fresh, canned or frozen
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
3 spring onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
A handful of fresh coriander leaves
1 tbsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
1 tbsp extra light mayonnaise
Flour for dusting
Green salad leaves
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 small red chilli, diced
Juice of ½ lime
1. Heat the rice vinegar and sweet chilli sauce in a small pan, stirring until well mixed. Cook for 2–3 minutes until the mixture starts to get syrupy, then add the soy sauce, chilli and lime juice. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
2. Put the crab meat, chilli, spring onions, garlic, coriander, nam pla and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor and blitz briefly.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 equal-sized portions and shape them with your hands into little patties. Dust very lightly with flour.
4. Spray a frying pan lightly with spray oil and place over a medium to high heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for 2–3 minutes each side until crisp and golden brown.
5. Serve the crab cakes hot from the pan with the dipping sauce and some green salad leaves on the side.
- If you can get some fresh kaffir lime leaves, shred them into the crab cake mixture before blending for a citrusy flavour.
Download our CWP & Me App for more delicious recipes!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.
Save & Share