How yummy is this? Roasted spicy chickpeas, griddled vegetables, healthy sprouting seeds and cottage cheese drizzled with lemon vinaigrette – a really colourful, filling and nutritious dinner for a special day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
200g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
A pinch of chilli powder or smoked paprika
1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
20g sun-blush tomatoes, cut into thin strips
A handful of baby spinach leaves
25g sprouting seeds, e.g. alfalfa, mung beans
60g fat-free cottage cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Seedy lemon dressing:
2 tbsp fat-free vinaigrette dressing
Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Put the chickpeas in a bowl and spray lightly with oil. Toss with the chilli or smoked paprika and some sea salt. Spread them out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20–25 minutes, turning once or twice, until crisp and golden brown.
3. Cut the courgette into long thin strips with a potato peeler. Lightly spray a ridged griddle pan with oil and cook the courgette and red pepper over a medium to high heat for 3–4 minutes, turning once or twice, until just tender and nicely striped.
4. Make the dressing: whisk all the ingredients together until blended.
5. Take 2 serving bowls and arrange the roasted chickpeas, griddled vegetables, sun-blush tomatoes, spinach, sprouted seeds and cottage cheese in attractive piles in each of the bowls. Grind some black pepper over the top and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!