This is a really easy weekday supper and it’s only 200kcals – suitable for Step 2! You can even use frozen cod fillets; just rinse them with cold water, then pat dry with kitchen paper and pan-cook from frozen. They may take a little longer to cook right through.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
(+200kcal for Spicy Couscous)
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sweet paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
150g thick cod fillet, skinned
1 sachet CWP Spicy Couscous
75g fine green beans, trimmed
60g fresh baby sweetcorn
A few sprigs of flat-leaf parsley or mint, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon wedge to serve
1. Mix together the garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne in a bowl. Add a little salt and pepper to season.
2. Lightly spray the cod fillet with oil and dip into the spicy mixture, pressing it lightly into the fish to coat it all over.
3. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the cod fillet to the hot pan and cook for 4–5 minutes until browned underneath. Turn it over and cook the other side for 4–5 minutes until it’s golden brown on the outside and thoroughly cooked inside. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the CWP Spicy Couscous according to the directions on the packet.
5. Steam the green beans and baby sweetcorn or cook them in a pan of boiling water until just tender.
6. Serve the cod, sprinkled with the parsley or mint, with the Spicy Couscous and vegetables, and a lemon wedge for squeezing.
Why not try these delicious recipes made with the Spicy Couscous…
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Roasted Chickpeas and Vegetables
- Crunchy Oriental Salad
- Beef Kofta Balls
- Winter Bean Stew
- Warm Vegetable Salad
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.