We all know it’s the most important meal of the day, but what can you do to make it really exciting and worth jumping out of bed in the morning for? Here’s our Step-by-Step guide (CWP style) of how to mix it up at breakfast time.
First product of the day (all Steps)
What’s your first product of the day? Are you a ‘grab a bar and run’ kind of slimmer? Or do you like to take your time over a bowl of CWP Porridge?
Our favourite ‘start the day the CWP way’ products are:
- Porridge – #mixitup by adding some extra spice, a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg can help take your breakfast bowl to the next level. Step 3 or above? Add some chopped banana or blueberries from your fruit or breakfast calorie allowance
- Smoothie – they’re so rich, thick and fruity, you’ll feel totally full until lunch time!
- Shakes – especially when they’re prepared iced coffee style, they’ll totally kick start your day
With 150 calories to play with, a fun few dishes that’ll wake your taste buds right up first thing.
- Berries and yoghurt – 100g of 0% Greek Yoghurt, 5 blackberries, 50g blueberries, 10 raspberries, 50g strawberries, ½ a passionfruit (Step 4 and 5: sprinkle 15g sugar free muesli on top)
- Poached egg & stir fried spinach bowls – large handful of spinach, stir-fried over a medium-low heat with a little 0 calorie spray-oil and 1 chopped garlic clove until leaves are dark green, top with 2 medium poached eggs (maybe finish with a tbsp of yoghurt or crème fraiche from your milk allowance with some chives too) (Step 4 and 5: add one small slice of wholemeal toast)
Step 4 and 5
- Smoked salmon and scrambled Eggs – Scramble 2 small eggs with a bit of milk from your daily allowance, serve with 50g of smoked salmon (or swap the smoked salmon for a small slice of wholemeal bread)
- Breakfast burrito – take 1 wholemeal wrap, layer with 1 small egg scrambled with a little of your milk allowance, cook 25g of canned black eye beans (add a pinch of paprika and chilli powder), make a quick salsa by chopping 50g of cherry tomatoes, some fresh chilli and a few snips of spring onions, top a small handful of spinach and roll into a wrap
- Banana pancakes – 2 small eggs, 1 small banana – mash together, add a few drops of vanilla essence or a pinch of cinnamon, cook in frying pan using a few sprays of 0 calorie spray-oil over a medium heat. Top with 50g of strawberries.
What’s your favourite breakfast while you’re on Plan? Let us know in the comments below…