This chilli tastes just as good, if not better, the following day, so you can make it in advance and reheat it. Or leave it to go completely cold and then freeze in a sealed container. You can eat this at any time of the year – it tastes great in summer served with a crisp salad.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300g extra lean minced beef (max 5% fat)
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
A good pinch of ground cinnamon
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
200ml beef stock or Cambridge Weight Plan Golden Vegetable Drink
1 bay leaf
200g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped coriander or chives to garnish
2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
1. Spray a large saucepan and place over a low to medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, carrot and garlic and cook for 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
2. Stir in the beef and spices and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the bay leaf and chickpeas. Cook gently for 30 minutes or until the beef is cooked, the vegetables are tender and the liquid has reduced and thickened. Remove the bay leaf and season to taste.
4. Ladle into 4 shallow serving bowls and scatter the coriander or chives over the top. Add a dollop of Greek yoghurt and serve immediately.
Step it up…
- For a 400kcals supper on Steps 3 and 4 use 400g minced beef, 400g canned chickpeas and serve with boiled rice (140g dry weight).
Download our CWP & Me App for more delicious recipes!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.
Save & share