Is getting your life organised one of your resolutions for 2017? Or even saving money? We’ve got some great tips to get you started with reshuffling your life from chaotic to streamlined and structured.
1. Buy a diary, keep a calendar, write everything down and don’t rely on your memory – if you’ve got a busy lifestyle it’s easy to forget things.
2. Meal plan – spend a bit of time on a Sunday planning your meals for the upcoming week and write a shopping list. That way you can ensure that you have exactly what you need to make each meal and you’ll never be stuck for what to make (leading you to make unhealthy last minute choices!)
Why not speak to your Consultant about buying our magnetic meal planner that you can stick on your fridge.
3. Digital detox – de clutter all of your devices by backing up your files and photos from your phone to your computer or to an external hard drive. Routinely go through your devices and computers and delete unused apps, unnecessary photos, emails and files. Clearer computer, clearer mind.
4. Filing – set up a household filing system. Use folders (any excuse for cute stationary) to file important documents, magazine files for manuals and instructions, shred anything you don’t need to keep if it contains personal information. Set aside a little time each week to deal with paperwork, don’t let it pile up!
5. Create a budget – work out exactly what your monthly incomings and outgoings are. When you know what’s left over divide between the weeks of the month and withdraw that amount in cash, try not to go over your budget. Many people find they spend less when they have cash rather than paying for everything with a card.
6. Save – after you’ve made your budget, work out what you can spare to save – be that for a holiday, wardrobe revamp when you hit your weight-loss goal, or just for a rainy day. Get a jar for loose change, and a ceramic pot for £2 coins – you’d be amazed how quickly it’ll all add up!
7. Create a cleaning rota – dedicate Mondays to hoovering, Tuesdays to polishing, Wednesdays for mopping the floors, Thursdays for changing all the sheets etc. Pick one room each day to zip around and make sure all is in place. Try and put a load of washing in every morning, never leave dirty dishes in the sink when you go to bed. Doing housework little and often will save you the chore of the ‘big clean’ taking up your whole weekend, freeing up your time!
8. Set a timer – set yourself 5/10/15 minutes to blitz something you’ve been putting off, it’s amazing how much you can get done when you’re against the clock! This is a great exercise to get the kids involved with helping around the house too!
9. Weekend bucket list – speaking of weekends, save time on coming up with plans by writing a list of fun things you want to do. If your ever stuck for a fun activity pick something from the list and go out and enjoy!
Do you have any more top organisational tips? We’d love to hear them, please share in the comments below.
Find a local Consultant to start your weight-loss today!