It’s nearly Halloween so we’re starting to feel a little spooky in the Shake It Up office (is it time to watch Hocus Pocus yet?) We thought we’d bring you something fun and seasonal to keep your head and hands busy (and safe from devilish food based distractions) with a not so scary DIY project, it’s so easy to do, if you have kids get them involved too and have a creepy craft afternoon.
You will need:
1. Firstly, draw out your ghost and pumpkin shapes onto the card and cut the shapes out
2. Next cut the shapes out from the felt using the template. White for ghosts, orange for pumpkins. You’ll need a front and back, so remember to cut out 2 matching shapes for each.
3. Then cut out your little details, round spooky ghost eyes, and green pumpkin stalks
4. Now to get your needle ready and bring forth any cross stitching skills you may have learned at school, add little smileys or winky eyes to your creepy little creatures (creepier expressions at your discretion!) also stitch on any felt eyes or pumpkin stalks at this stage too.
5. Put your felt pieces together (cheeky ghost face facing up) and start stitching, we recommend doing a blanket stitch, check out this YouTube tutorial to show you how – leave yourself a little gap so you can fill your ghost with your cotton/stuffing
6. Stuff your mischievous monsters, and close off your stitching.
- Hang them! If you want to take your little ferocious felts one step further you could make a whole heap of them and thread ribbon through the top to make a spooktacular Halloween garland decoration.
- Wear them! Why not buy some badge backs and glue or sew these to the backs of your critters to proudly display your handiwork on your winter coat or jumpers.
Leave out the stuffing and a gap at the bottom and have some adorable little finger puppets to haunt your friends and family with.