Try these tasty muffins for a special Mother’s Day breakfast. And because they’re non-messy finger foods, you can even have a lie in and enjoy them in bed. Bliss!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Calories per muffin: 100kcals
Steps: 2 and above
4 rashers lean back bacon, diced (all visible fat removed)
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
A handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped
4 medium free-range eggs
100ml skimmed milk
A small bunch of chives, snipped
80g low-fat cottage cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5.
2. Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the bacon, spring onions and red pepper and cook for 4–5 minutes until they start to soften. Stir in the spinach and remove the pan from the heat.
3. Lightly brush 6 non-stick muffin pans with oil and divide the vegetable mixture between them.
4. Beat the eggs and milk together in a jug. Stir in the chives and cottage cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables in the muffin pans.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until set, golden brown and firm to the touch.
6. Eat warm or leave to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge to eat later or the following day.
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!