This salad of crunchy vegetables is refreshing and filling and can be prepared in minutes. The chilli adds heat to the zingy dressing – if you don’t have a fresh one use a pinch of dried chilli flakes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
(+200kcal for Spicy Couscous)
Steps: 3 and 4
20g cucumber, cut into thin strips
20g courgette, cut into thin strips
20g mangetout, trimmed and cut into strips
A few Little Gem lettuce leaves
A few sprigs of coriander or basil, chopped
1 sachet CWP Spicy Couscous
For the dressing:
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp water
Juice of ½ small lime
1 tsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
1 small garlic clove, crushed
½ small red chilli, deseeded and diced
1. Put the beansprouts, cucumber, courgette, mangetout and lettuce in a bowl. Add the herbs and mix together.
2. Make the dressing: stir all the ingredients together until thoroughly blended or shake them in a sealed screw-top jar.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the CWP Spicy Couscous according to the directions on the packet.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad vegetables and toss everything gently. Serve with the Spicy Couscous.
- Use soy sauce instead of nam pla.
- Any crisp lettuce leaves can be used instead of Little Gem.
- Sweeten the dressing with a drop or two of artificial sweetener.
Why not try these delicious recipes made with the Spicy Couscous…
- Moroccan Spiced Cod
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Roasted Chickpeas and Vegetables
- Winter Bean Stew
- Beef Kofta Balls
- Warm Vegetable Salad
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.