Chicken breasts take on a new dimension when they’re filled with Boursin Light cheese and served in a creamy leek and mushroom sauce with new potatoes. This recipe is definitely worth a try!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Steps: 3 and 4
2 x 125g boned, skinned chicken breasts
60g Boursin Light
200g new potatoes
200g leeks, thinly sliced
100g small mushrooms, thinly sliced
60ml dry white vermouth, e.g. Noilly Prat, or dry white wine
4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped parsley or chives to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Make a slit along one side of each chicken breast and fill the pocket with the Boursin Light. Secure with wooden cocktail sticks. Spray a frying pan lightly with oil and sear the chicken on both sides over a high heat for 2–3 minutes.
3. Place the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked right through.
4. Meanwhile, cook the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain well.
5. Cook the leeks in the oil left in the pan over a low heat for 8–10 minutes until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add the vermouth or wine and bring to the boil. When it evaporates, reduce the heat and stir in the crème fraîche. Heat through gently for 2 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on 2 serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the top and sprinkle with parsley or chives. Serve with the new potatoes.
Step it up…
You can eat this for dinner on Step 5 if you use 400g new potatoes and serve it with 150g steamed or boiled baby carrots.
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.