Koftas are so quick and easy to make and they’re great with our delicious Spicy Couscous. If you don’t like fresh coriander you can use parsley instead – the calories will stay the same.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 20-30 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
(+200kcal for Spicy Couscous)
125g extra lean minced beef (4% fat max)
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp ground cumin
A good pinch of ground coriander
A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 sachet CWP Spicy Couscous
A dash of harissa paste (optional)
2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Make the koftas: in a bowl, mix the minced beef with the garlic, ground spices and coriander. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. With your hands, divide the mixture into three portions and roll each one into an oval ball. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20–30 minutes to firm them up.
3. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. When the pan’s hot, add the koftas and cook, turning occasionally, for 6–8 minutes until browned on the outside and cooked inside.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Spicy Couscous according to the directions on the packet.
5. Steam the broccoli or cook in boiling water until just tender.
6. Swirl the harissa paste (if using) into the Greek yoghurt and serve with the koftas, the Spicy Couscous and broccoli.
Note: Vegetarians can substitute 150g Quorn mince for beef.
Why not try these delicious recipes made with the Spicy Couscous…
- Moroccan Spiced Cod
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Roasted Chickpeas and Vegetables
- Crunchy Oriental Salad
- Winter Bean Stew
- Warm Vegetable Salad
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.