This delicious dish of roasted vegetables and lentils is high in fibre and very filling. It’s suitable for vegetarians and CWP slimmers on Step 2 – enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 small red onion, cut into wedges
½ small fennel bulb, cut into wedges
200g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
4 small garlic cloves
A few sprigs of thyme or rosemary
200g canned green lentils, rinsed and drained
A squeeze of lemon juice
160g spinach, trimmed
Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
A few sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Put the red onion, fennel and butternut squash in a large roasting pan. Tuck the garlic and herbs in between the vegetables and spray lightly with oil.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
4. Mix the lentils into the roasted vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon juice and pop back into the oven for a few minutes to warm them through.
5. Cook the spinach in a steamer basket or colander set over a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes until just wilted and bright green.
6. Divide the lentil and vegetable mixture between 2 serving plates and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with the spinach. Alternatively, stir the spinach through the lentils.
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.